Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 16:36:31 +0200

>>> "RP" == Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

Uwe> Hm, but did you successfully configure gnus with your  app password in
order to
Uwe> receive (imap) and to send (smtp).

> Yes

Uwe> If so, could you please share your configuration.

Uwe> Or are you saying it is simply to use

Uwe> (setq gnus-select-method (list 'nnnil ""))
Uwe> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)
Uwe> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
Uwe> '(
Uwe> (nnimap "UCMgmail"
Uwe> (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
Uwe> (nnimap-server-port 993)
Uwe> ;; (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.gpg")
Uwe> (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
Uwe> (nnimap-stream ssl)
Uwe> ;;(nnimap-stream starttls)
Uwe> (nnimap-fetch-partial-articles "text/")
Uwe> (nnir-search-engine imap))))

Uwe> And put in authinfo my app password instead my «normal» one?

> Yes

I might give it a try but what is the syntax in teh authinfo file

My original setting is
machine smtp.gmail.com login oub@ucm.es port 587 password passwd
machine UCMgmail login oub@ucm.es password passwd port  imaps

Tassilo suggested

machine imap.gmail.com login USER@gmail.com password APP_PWD force yes

So I am a bit confused.

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.