Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 22:03:33 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > (there are
>   > some Universities who have been working on an IAM solution which is
>   > based on libre packages,
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer to that?

It has been 5 years since I left that sector, so I don't have any
current links. There is an Educause IAM group which would likely be able
to provide current details. The projects I was referring to were within
Educause and JASIG (which I believe is now Apereo). The openIAM and WS02
sites might also be worth checking out. There was also a project made up
of a few mid/large US Unis who were developing an IAM system, but I
cannot for the life of me recall the name of the project and my search
fu failed me tonight! For some reason, Portland, Harvard and Soutwestern
all come to mind. However, lots can change in 5 years!

Educause IAM group
https://www.educause.edu/community/identity-and-access-management-community-group
Apereo http://apereo.org
openIAM https://www.openiam.com