Re: [ELPA] New package: plz

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: plz
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:22:26 +0200

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> plz.el is a library to make HTTP requests using curl, akin to url.el and
> request.el.  It attempts to provide a better API and avoid some of the
> problems found in the other libraries, such as with callbacks.

Thanks for writing this package.  I remember there's been a lot of
discussion in emacs-devel about improving url.el, the Emacs core library
to fetch from URLs.  If your library improves on the pain points of
url.el, I think it can be a candidate for inclusion in core Emacs, once
it's stable enough.  Because of that, I think it's wise to rename the
library to something more descriptive before people start writing
packages using it.  It will be much harder to rename the library later.