Re: GnuTLS server support?

From: J.P.
Subject: Re: GnuTLS server support?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 07:33:38 -0700

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:40:06 +0000 Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> QH> It seems that currently Emacs can act as a TLS client,
> QH> not a server.
> QH> This makes it impossible to have secure connection between Emacsen.
>
> QH> Anyone have an idea how much effort will make it works?
>
> I think it would be useful and worthwhile to implement a GnuTLS server
> inside Emacs.
>
> Ted

Hi Qiantan (and Ted),

Just wondering if there's been any progress on this front.

ERC, for one, stands to benefit from such a feature, both in our
client-to-client module and in our behavioral tests. As for the latter,
I've been running our suite with a simplistic sketch of this feature for
a little bit now (externally, of course). FWIW, it's already caught one
elusive bug.

I've included said sketch below in hopes of getting the wheels turning
in the minds of you experts (if only as a repugnant reminder of what not
to do).

Thanks,
J.P.

P.S. Would someone be willing to open a bug report for this feature (I
guess it'd fall under "wishlist")?