Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - industry

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - industry
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 01:25:10 +0800

Hi Jean,

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> ** Which industry do you work in? :RadioSelect:
> - [ ] Academia (Student)
> - [ ] Academia/Research
> - [ ] Education
> - [ ] FinTech
> - [ ] Healthcare
> - [ ] Legal
> - [ ] Manufacturing
> - [ ] Software Development
> - [ ] Telecom
> - [ ] *other*
>
> That question of industry provides some defaults which are rather
> subjectively choosen

Any list of industries is subjective.

> it is better that people enter industry themselves.

They can do so via the other field. The aim here is to capture what I suspect
will be the most common responses.

> Or make a proper list of industries, something like:
>
> <https://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag_index_alpha.htm>
>
> <https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/types-of-industry>
>
> <https://www.ibisworld.com/united-states/list-of-industries/>

> “Student” is not an industry.

No, but I think it’s the most helpful response students could give.

> Academia is not a specific industry, you maybe wish to say
> “University”

I picked “academia” to avoid any potential confusion with student/university.

> “Education” is not an industry, maybe “Education Services” is better.

Changed.

All the best,
Timothy