Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 18:29:22 +0600

> Akib Azmain Turja [2022-06-04 19:14:20] wrote:
>> Packages on ELPA or NonGNU ELPA with README.org show pretty description
>> both with describe-package and web browser.  But after installing a
>> package, describe-package shows the Org source code, which contains
>> many useless things (I mean useless for showing in the *Help* buffer).
>>
>> Isn't it possible to convert README.org to plain text README while
>> compiling the package, possibly optionally?
>
> Actually, if the package is not yet installed, you should get this
> "README.org converted to plain text" (which we get by fetching it from
> `elpa.(non)gnu.org`, because it's distributed separately from the
> package itself).
>
> This is related to the problem that package tarballs do not come with
> a description of where we can find their README (even tho the site that
> packages it does know (and uses it in the webpage it generates)) :-(
>

>         Stefan

Yeah, you correctly understood my problem.  But I think the convertion
(or export) should be done while installation, not while packaging the
package (which would probably be SaaSS), for the sake of freedom.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5