Re: [SOLVED (magic?)]

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: [SOLVED (magic?)]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:47:39 +0200

    Uwe> Well, you are not going to belive, it but after makeing the following
minor change:

    Uwe> machine smtp.gmail.com login oub.oub.oub@gmail.com port 587 password
XXXXX
    Uwe> machine imap.gmail.com login oub.oub.oub password XXXX port imaps

    >> You made the 'machine' value match your nnimap-address? That seems
    >> sensible.

    Uwe> Well this is not the end of the story, although it worked it screwed up
    Uwe> other gmail accounts I access. So the final solution was this

    Uwe> machine gmail login oub.oub.oub@gmail.com password YYYY port imaps
    Uwe> machine smtp.gmail.com login oub.oub.oub@gmail.com port 587 password
YYYY
    Uwe> machine User2 login user2@gmail.com password XXXX port imaps
    Uwe> machine User2 login user2@gmail.com port 587 password  XXXX

    Uwe> And I am still not sure whether this is the best solution, since it
    Uwe> looks a bit incoherent.

(info "(auth) Multiple GMail accounts with Gnus") recommends keying
off the name of the secondary server only, not the nnimap-address.

    >> It sounds more like we need to document better that .authinfo entries
    >> can sometimes be cached, so `auth-source-forget-all-cached' might need
    >> to be called when messing with it (itʼs currently described in the
    >> 'help for developers' section).

    Uwe> Oh, I did not know even about the `auth-source-forget-all-cached'
    Uwe> function. Since I restarted emacs, may the cache was the source of my
problems!?

Itʼs possible. Would it have helped you if there had been a reference
to that part of the documentation somewhere else in the auth-source manual?

Robert