Re: [External] : Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while insta

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:44:26 +0200

> Do you know how many ELPA packages provide README.org vs README.md vs
> README in ASCII text?

GNU ELPA: 348 packages, 7 README.org / 3 README.md (one commented out)
NonGNU ELPA: 160 packages, 9 README.org / 22 README.md (one commented out)

But those are only the packages which have explicitly specified a
:readme property.  I'm not sure but think ELPA will pick up a
README.md/org if there's no README automatically so it might not needed
to be declared in which case my stats aren't very meaningful.

I have no stats for MELPA but I guess there the ratio is even more
shifted towards org/md.

Bye,
Tassilo