RE: [External] : Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while insta

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:38:45 +0800

>> If it was the case, this thread would simply not
>> show up. ASCII README would be always available.
>
> No, not if we've never requested that it be included.
>
> If we request it then it'll be provided more often,
> I expect.

Maybe.

As a single data point, if I were asked to provide such a README, I
would not bother writing it separately. Instead, I would simply export
my README.org to ASCII. And it would feel like an unnecessary burden,
honestly.

If I were asked to provide a README as an option, I would not bother at
all and just leave README.org.

Do you know how many ELPA packages provide README.org vs README.md vs
README in ASCII text?

Best,
Ihor