Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:12:16 -0400

> As in sending upstream patches?

That's what I meant, yes.

> From my experience a lot of maintainers (regrettably) prefer something
> that renders well on sites like GitHub or GitLab than that is readable
> as plain text.

The kinds of changes mentioned shouldn't make any difference in terms
of rendering.

> This is also related to the point I had raised earlier in the thread
> that when a package generates a manual from a Org README, using the same
> file as a README file results in too much (redundant) information.

I don't think it's our role to fix this problem: the (Non)GNU
infrastructure offers a place to put a "README" and another to put
a "manual" and it's up to the package's authors to use this as they
think is best.

        Stefan