Re: Set X primary selection with Emacs in xterm

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Set X primary selection with Emacs in xterm
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 12:55:17 +0300

* Duncan Findlay <duncf@google.com> [2022-06-03 08:24]:
> I frequently use Emacs over ssh and I'd really like to get both
> primary and clipboard selections to work as close as possible to
> running Emacs on X natively. I'd like to kill text in Emacs and have
> that show up in my system clipboard so I can paste into other
> applications.

I have these settings and it works for me exactly how you explained
above.

(setq select-enable-clipboard t)
(setq select-enable-primary t)

> Similarly, if I select text with mark and keyboard (or mouse with
> xterm-mouse-mode), I'd like it to update my local X's primary
> selection so I can middle-click to paste it elsewhere. I have two
> patches attached that got this working for me.

For me your explained situation works without patches. I have the
above settings. But I may miss something as you mention
xterm-mouse-mode which I am not even using it ever. On my side it
works.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns