Re: Set X primary selection with Emacs in xterm

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Set X primary selection with Emacs in xterm
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 04:50:02 -0400

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Primary-Selection.html

DF> This requires `select-active-regions' to be non-nil. Do you have this
DF> set in your configuration?

select-active-regions is an insufficient requirement.

there also needs to be a var to prevent it w/o affectig anything else.

it is a cool idea, and it will be great for those who want it.

but i'm not alone in hating when applications running in terminals screw
over the way primary/secondary/clipboard normally work in said terminals.

so kudos, but a var to enable it at all, independent of any need for
select-active-regions to be t, is required.  whether it defaults to t
or to nil is ok either way.  but it is needed.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6