Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:02:16 +0300

> From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 23:57:55 +1000
>
> > There are 784 key bindings in org mode.  How can you say that this isn't
> > complex and difficult to learn?
> >
> Very simply because the vast majority of  those key bindings only come
> into play when yhou use advanced features of org mode, such as the
> agenda or table editing or noweb mode. If your just using basic org mode
> features, very very few of those key bindings even come into play. Just
> go throgh that list and remove any bindings relating to agenda mode,
> table editing mode, source block modes, clock table mode, list editing
> mode, etc and you end up with very few key bindings (all of which are
> udner the C-c prefix, unlike your previous claim).

How about if you do this exercise and walk us through the results?
Visit an Org file, type "C-h b", then show us the list, and tell which
bindings you think are "basic" and which are "advanced", and why you
think so.

I can tell you what I see with my very simple 1570-line Org file,
which just has some todo items organized in 4-level hierarchy:

  . ~100 keys that look "general Org" to me
  . ~30 keys that Org remaps to its s own commands, like 'yank' and
    'backward-sentence'
  . ~40 keys bound to org-babel-SOMETHING -- no idea why these are
    bound by default, but they are there
  . ~60 more keys that I'm not sure whether they are "basic" or not,
    but they are all bound by default, just because I visited an Org
    file

So "just" 230 key bindings.  And this is without any minor/add-on Org
mode/feature enabled, at least according to "C-h m".

Do you see something different?  Are you still saying that it's not a
lot, or that it's "based on ignorance and paranoia"?  If so, please
point out where I'm ignorant and/or paranoiac, because I'd really like
to know.