Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:28:11 -0400

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 8:57 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> There no warnings for `foo', surely?
> Yes there is, to stop warning we have to write `foo\\=', same for
> e.g. "don't do this" we need "don\\='t do this" to avoid warnings.

If you bump into such a warning, please report it as a bug.

+1

Also I believe that almost all of such instances were already fixed when the curved quotes feature went in (few years back).

Related blog post where I summarized how to specify if you want straight quotes instead of curved in doc strings and messages: https://scripter.co/straight-and-curved-quotes-in-emacs-lisp/

Feedback is welcome (probably in a different thread).