README used by NonGNU packages "remotely" even though it's ignored

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: README used by NonGNU packages "remotely" even though it's ignored
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 22:44:16 +0300

Hi,

I noticed that the description shown on the NonGNU ELPA website for my
packages (swsw and vcomplete), as well as the description shown through
Emacs when viewing a version of the packages that isn't installed
locally is the content of the README file included in their respective
repositories.  However, both packages explicitly ignore that file (using
an '.elpaignore' file).

When viewing the description of a locally installed version of the
packages, the commentary is shown (as is expected).

I wonder if this behavior is intended, and if so whether it is
documented anywhere?

Regards,
Daniel