Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 09:57:09 +0200

[...]

>> so I suggest creation-date' for that first one :-).
>
> Again, please consider using what `Bookmark+' already
> uses: `created'.

Keep in mind that here we are just discussing the name of a possible
value for `bookmark-sort-flag' (compatible with nil).

There is currently no creation date written in each bookmark: it is
still just the order of the written bookmarks' list that defines this
order. Maybe, we should have one creation date field and in this case I
think 'created' would be the best name (it is clear, simple, we don't
have one and other package already use this one).

Back to the symbol name (compatible with `bookmark-sort-flag' set to
nil), I have thought of 'last-created but here "last" refers to the fact
that the creation date is in reverse order (ie. the "last" created
bookmark being at the head of the list).

(… and to be coherent with myself, I now think that the 'last-modified I
introduced should really be 'modified)
--
Manuel Giraud