RE: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 16:36:36 +0000

> I hope it is not to late for this but I'd like to have this
> modification pushed.  This changes the field name from
> 'last-modified to 'modified (the symbol for `bookmark-sort-flag'
> is kept to 'last-modified).
>
> I think it make more sense since the "last" in 'last-modified refers to
> the order (ie. the most recently modified will be first).  Afterward,
> I'd like to introduce a 'created field too.

My 2 cents:

1. `modified' is fine as the field name. +1.
   It's short and clear enough.

2. Function names should include something like
   `date' or `time'.  This is because there can be
   other functions, which refer to other things
   about modified (i.e., unsaved) bookmarks.

   E.g., the Bookmark+ code has these functions,
   which return things such as an alist of just the
   modified bookmarks:

   bmkp-modified-bookmark-p - predicate
   bmkp-modified-cp         - predicate
   bmkp-modified-bookmarks  - alist
   bmkp-bmenu-sort-modified-before-unmodified
                            - sort command

3. +1 for `created'.  (I suggested this earlier.)

HTH.