Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 12:09:06 +0800

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> It wasn't a "claim" it was a statement of fact.  These 784 bindings are
> DOCUMENTED in org.info.  You attempted to explain it away by saying, at
> first vaguely, that not all of them "come into play".  Only later did you
> make that meaningful by saying that not all of them get loaded at any
> time.
>
> Many of these binding are not bound to C-c C-<letter> or other major mode
> sequences.

Please note that not only C-c C-<letter> are dedicated to major modes.
Also, C-c <non-letter> (though not all C-c <non-letter> are
recommended).

I vent through all the bindings we define in the manual and the only
bindings that do not use reserved major-mode bindings space are:
C-'
C-,
<control character/s>-<arrow>
<control character/s>-<RET>

Out of the above bindings only C-S-<up>/<down> override the default
bindings. But only when shift-select-mode is enabled (which had not been
the default when these Org bindings were introduced).

Other bindings might cause unexpected behavior when user has personal
bindings. However, please note that Emacs recommends binding
C-c <letter> for user space. Anything else is a "gray" zone.

Best,
Ihor