Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 08:34:22 -0400

Eli Zaretskii [2022-06-14 14:35:37] wrote:
> Stefan, do you see any way of producing (no-record . CH) from "normal"
> input APIs, for reading input that shouldn't be echoed or recorded?

No: the (no-record . CH) is specific to `unread-command-events`, i.e. to
events that are "synthesized" (typically from previously read events)
whereas those events that come from the keyboard get added directly to
the lossage buffer before we have a chance to do anything about it.

> If not, we will resurrect that variable and use it instead.

Sounds good to me.

        Stefan