Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 18:52:17 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <manuel@ledu-giraud.fr>
> Cc: akib@disroot.org,  monnier@iro.umontreal.ca,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 17:28:05 +0200
>
> Ok. Here is an updated version of the patch.

Thanks.  Two minor nits (but you don't have to submit another patch,
this will be fixed when installing):

> +** New user option 'record-all-keys'.
> +If non-nil, this option will force recording of all input keys
> +including in passwords prompt (this was the previous behaviour).  It
> +now defaults to NIL and inhibits recording of passwords.
                   ^^^
We use 'nil' (lower-case, without the quotes).  Also, the "now" part
is redundant.

> +  DEFVAR_BOOL ("record-all-keys", record_all_keys,
> +            doc: /* Non-nil means to record all typed keys.  When
> +nil, only passwords' keys are not recorded.  */);

The first line of a doc string should be a single complete sentence
(for the benefit of help commands, like 'apropos', which only show the
first lines).