Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:19:45 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:09:10 -0700
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>  Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>  Emacs Devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
>  Daniel Colascione <dancol@dancol.org>
>
> I also added manual entries for traverse functions, please have a look ;-) I
> haven’t add manual for treesit-search and treesit-defun-query, etc yet.

Could you perhaps post a "cookbook" like recipe for trying the branch
for some programming language?  I mean, what should a user do, after
building the branch, to start using the features backed by
tree-sitter?  I presume the list should include downloading parsers
(any recommendations for the relevant sites?), compiling them (or
maybe there are sites with precompiled ones?), then setting some
variables or data structures in Emacs or invoking some commands/modes?

I think something like that will be useful for more people to try the
branch, provide feedback, and facilitate making its more stable.

Thanks.