Re: Emacs, touchegg and touchpad events

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Emacs, touchegg and touchpad events
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:59:07 -0700

Interesting.

Here is what I discovered next:

Start touchegg as a daemon via systemctl -- it starts happily and runs
but doesn't deliver events to emacs.

With that daemon running, start toucheg (as a client) from a shell in
emacs, it connects to the daemon, and magically emacs gets touchpad
events. So now I can scroll a buffer with a three-finger up/down swipe
-- not that is in itself much of a win.

The above i.e. run a touchegg client is not documented anywhere so I
suspect this may be a result of my running stumpwm perhaps.

Incidentally I looked through the emacs-29 touch code and it
essentially does not work for me on my laptop's touchpad; the only
event I can get emacs to see in that case (with no touchegg running)
is the touch-end event sporadically showing up. Pinch etc dont appear
to work.

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮