Re: master ed84f24a21: Make `signal-process' allow completing over signa

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master ed84f24a21: Make `signal-process' allow completing over signal names
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:56:01 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> I just punt to gnulib.  Presumably it gets all this right, and if not,
>> it's a bug in gnulib.
>
> gnulib doesn't specify the largest signal number to be 255, right?

Oh, you mean the loop ends one too early?  Yes, that's true.  Can't have
new code without at least one off-by-one error; that's illegal.

>> (I guess there are systems with on OS sig2str, too, but the same
>> applies there.)
>
> They don't exist, AFAICT sig2str is a gnulib extension.

That was my original assumption, but we apparently check the OS for
sig2str via autoconf, I discovered yesterday.  config.h:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `sig2str' function. */
/* #undef HAVE_SIG2STR */