Re: Doc of deprecated INITIAL-INPUT arg of completing-read

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Doc of deprecated INITIAL-INPUT arg of completing-read
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:15:42 +0200

> Mostly agreed.  But as I said, I only intend to describe the current
> coding recommendations better, and these don't regard INITIAL-INPUT and
> DEF as equivalent alternatives.
>
> As a compromise, here is a reworded version:

Thanks for working on this.  In order to make this change complete, I
think there are other areas to be touched/considered as well:

 • docstrings of `read-string' and `read-from-minibuffer'

 • Emacs Lisp reference the text/descriptions in

   @node Text from Minibuffer
   @section Reading Text Strings with the Minibuffer

   @node Initial Input
   @section Initial Input

   @node Minibuffer Completion
   @subsection Completion and the Minibuffer

> For wishes, discussions and feature requests maybe use another
> (sub-)thread or bug report.

I think it is best to file a bug report with a complete change
suggestion, get it approved by the maintainer team and then turn the
page.

Are you willing to take this?

Best, Arash