Re: Deprecation of define-key?

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Deprecation of define-key?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 10:06:22 +0000

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> One thing I still don't understand about keymap (which is part of the
>> reason I initiated this thread), is who the "target audience" is, if
>> any?  Core development, ELPA packages in general, user configurations,
>> or someone else?
>
> Everybody?

In that case I think keymap.el should be make avalaible on ELPA, so it
can be reasonably used in packages before the year 2030.  If there is no
interest or a technical reason against doing so, I would try replicating
the functionality in compat.el, but I haven't looked into what this
would mean in more detail.