Re: Package proposal for GNU (or NonGNU) ELPA

From: jao
Subject: Re: Package proposal for GNU (or NonGNU) ELPA
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 23:06:01 +0100

On Sat, Aug 06 2022, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Jose A. Ortega Ruiz [2022-08-05 23:14:20] wrote:
>> I'd like to propose my small package consult-recoll for inclusion in
>> either GNU or NonGNU ELPA.  It's hosted at codeberg:
>
> I just added it to elpa.git, but it won't be released into GNU ELPA yet
> because of the "Copyright" line in the file, which needs to be updated,
> as in the patch below, which also tweaks the `.gitignore`.

Many thanks for the quick response!

> After making those changes, you should be able to check the result at
> https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/consult-recoll.html

I've applied your patch, and tweaked a bit the readme so that images are
correctly shown in ELPA too, as well as filling in my maintainer's
email.

> Once you're satisfied, you'll need to additionally bump the `Version:`
> in order to tell GNU ELPA to build a release tarball.

Version just bumped, it should be up in the next update.  Please let me
know if there's any way in which i can improve things from ELPA's POV,
now or in the future!

Cheers,
jao
--
Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you.
  -Annie Dillard, author (b. 1945)