Re: master updated (4b1ab18391 -> 8517d1e9aa)

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master updated (4b1ab18391 -> 8517d1e9aa)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:45:56 +0200

17 aug. 2022 kl. 13.13 skrev Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>:

> The above seems to lead some warnings that, at a glance, I wasn't
> immediately sure weren't false positives

They either indicate actual bugs or minor inefficiencies, and can all easily be
dealt with.

I usually prefer letting those most familiar with the code, typically the
authors or maintainers, to fix warnings for several reasons. In particular they
are more likely to rectify underlying errors instead of just 'fixing the
warning', and may know about similarly flawed code that wasn't warned about. If
the warning indicated a misunderstanding of how the language or system works,
he or she will also have an opportunity to learn.

This doesn't mean I won't help if asked, very much the contrary!

(As you can see, several of the warnings are duplicated; that's an old problem
that should probably be fixed one day.)