Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:56:11 +0800

> The exact file chosen will depend on the available icon sets, the user
> option `icons-set-priority', and the font size.[1]

>     (define-icon warnings-suppress button
>       '((image "warning")                 ;;; <<< NEW LINE >>>
>         (emoji "⛔")
>         (symbol " ■ ")
>         (text " stop "))
>       "Suppress warnings."
>       :version "29.1"
>       :help-echo "Click to suppress this warning type")

Great, thanks! We will finally have some real icons instead of Emoji and
text.  But please look at the comments I made about providing PBM
images, not deleting existing XPM and PBM icons, and the inability of
colormapped displays to display anything other than XPM and PBM.

AFAIK ImageMagick supports converting icons from SVG to XPM/PBM, so it
should be easy to automate.