Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a pa

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a patch (bug#52349)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:08:09 +0300

On 30.08.2022 16:25, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
This is a pitty indeed.  Specially seeing that it is easy enough to
get this working for all VCSs.  Here is a hack I wrote ages ago, and
this works for just about everything, it doesn't do exactly what is
needed (e.g, this works on a single file basis) but it isn't too hard
to get that working.

This indeed could work as an approach (I suggested /tmp, you are using a single buffer to back up contents, but the effect should be the same).

Do you like the current behavior with Git, though? Or do you perhaps have the same misgivings as Eli?