Re: wrap-search 3.3.5

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: wrap-search 3.3.5
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 18:20:17 +0000

But that way that directory will also be copied to the server since all of public_html is?

Yes, that's not a problem, with the recipe you use to create the git repository, these files do not contain sensitive information.

- add the subdirectories of ~/public_html/emacs-init-git to your load-path (for now that's only ~/public_html/emacs-init-git/wrap-search)

Wait, we should not move around the original files and start changing load paths of other applications, symlinks are fine but other than that it should be a "git only" solution.

It is just another tool that should be adapted to the problem, we are not adapting the problem again and again for every new tool that anyone every thought of applying on it ...

You are of course free to do what you want.

I was thinking of a somewhat generic solution, in which your el files would stay in the same place (~/public_html/emacs-init), and your el files under version control (Git) in a separate place (~/public_html/init-emacs-git).

That being said, what I said above is perhaps not clear enough. I meant "add the subdirectories of ~/.emacs.d/<the link that points to ~/public_html/emacs-init-git>" to your load-path. If you're more comfortable with replacing ~/public_html/emacs-init/wrap-search.el with a symlink to ~/git/wrap-search/wrap-search.el, do that. The main point is to have a single wrap-search.el file on your desktop.