Re: "New user" customize group?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: "New user" customize group?
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 00:22:57 +0300

On 20.04.2022 18:54, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Some settings which new users are most likely to be interested in
changing: the theme, the default face, enabling cua-mode, linum-mode,
tab-bar-mode, etc.
Those are your opinions.  I'm sure many will disagree and point out
other settings new users will most likely want to customize.  For
example, CUA and tab bars are probably quite controversial.

That said, I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying to come up
with such a group, so feel free to work on that, and thank you for
your interest in Emacs and its new users.

I've just looked through the list of proposed choices on https://emacs.amodernist.com/ (it has come up on Reddit again), and that set looks pretty reasonable. At least the sections General and Programming. Maybe Writing as well. The rest seems not so widely applicable.