Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 08:49:13 +0300

* Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com> [2022-09-03 08:36]:
> On Fri 02 Sep 2022 at 15:38, Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:
> >> Can you provide a screenshot of Emacs under fbterm with that font and one
> >> of Emacs in the raw Linux console?  I'm not sure I understand what you
> >> mean by "spidery".
> >
> > No, I don't know how to take a screen shot of a console.

In FBTerm you can run utility `screen' and then follow instructions:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/can-i-take-a-text-screenshot-of-a-gnu-screen-session-932703/

Something like:

screen -S SESSIONAME -X -p0 hardcopy

That way you will send command "hardcopy" and get the file hardcopy.0
with the text inside. It may no be what you want in this case.

Otherwise use:

Description     : A framebuffer screenshot grabber
URL             : https://github.com/GunnarMonell/fbgrab
Licenses        : GPL

--
Jean