Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 12:13:21 +0200

Po Lu wrote:

>> That's unlikely (the only known problem is for users who
>> use a mouse, which you said you don't), but even if that
>> were the case, that's how progress goes: leaving a stable
>> position with known problems to reach a position in which
>> some of these problems are solved, while taking the risk of
>> facing other yet unknown problems.
>
> The worst act a software developer can commit is to break
> things for a user who is already comfortable.

I once as a kid saw a magician performing on the street, he
took a bill from one guy in the audience and pulled it in two
halfs. The guy got angry and instinctively reached for it but
then it was gone and he was totally confused, everyone laughed
thinking what a great performer. But when he made the bill
reappear and gave it back to the dude it was *still* in two
halfs. ???

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal