Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 14:08:20 +0000

We should never change behavior in a way that makes a previously comfortable user become uncomfortable.

I fear that's not a useful rule, because users develop Stockholm syndromes with the limitations of the software they use.

I don't see why you have to conflate clearly unreasonable "comfort" with reasonable behavior

The point is that everyone has their own definition/views of what is "reasonable" and "comfortable".