Re: Emacs 28.2 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 28.2 released
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:37:40 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:50:48 -0700
> Cc: rpluim@gmail.com, kfogel@red-bean.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> >> Great; that looks really good.
> >
> > I don't like the result at all, and like even less what is intended to
> > be its usage.
>
> To clarify, the intention is to replace the link on
>
>     https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/#Releases
>
> which currently points to
>
>     https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/news/NEWS.28.2
>
> with
>
>     https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/news/NEWS.28.2.html

First, this was not what Karl was talking about (AFAIU, and it sounds
like I might be misunderstanding -- again).  He asked to include a
link in the email announcement we post to various GNU mailing lists,
whereas the above replaces the link on the Emacs Web site, which is a
different place.  I was talking about what I perceived was Karl's
request.

Second, to evaluate your proposal, please describe what is needed
(which commands and packages, and how to use them) to produce this
HTML version.  Also, how will this HTML version be maintained, after
it is produced.  I don't think you described all that in detail;
apologies if I missed something.