Re: master b525f201ba: Allow specifying the color to use in image-elide

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master b525f201ba: Allow specifying the color to use in image-elide
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 00:28:41 -0700

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Shouldn't the default be the background color of the frame?
>
> Yes, I guess that's as good a default as any.

I don't think the current Emacs theme will affect what I prefer to use
for eliding.  IOW, I'd rather keep it simple and just stay with "black"
as the default (or, even better, adding a defcustom).

> I think I'll follow Stefan's suggestion to make it prompt with a prefix,
> and then move the SQUARE stuff into the function itself -- i.e., hit a
> key while cropping to switch to square mode.

Sounds good, thank you.

> OK, I'll go with `image-cut', and move the key binding to `x'.

FWIW, I like "image-redact" best here.  That also alludes to how I
imagine one would use this.  The problem I see with "cut" is that it
leads you to then think about how to "paste".