Re: src/Makefile unhelpful

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: src/Makefile unhelpful
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:40:08 +0000

+#     !BEWARE! "git clean -fdx" restores the local repository in its
+#     !BEWARE! pristine state, it deletes all local changes and all
+#     !BEWARE! untracked files

BTW, I don't think that's true, if local changes means changes to git-controlled files.

Right, git clean is only about untracked files.

Indeed, I meant "to untracked files" with "local changes", that wasn't clear at all. Thanks, fixed.

To remove changes to tracked files, use git checkout.

No, git checkout doesn't remove changes to tracked files. To remove changes to tracked files, use git reset --hard, or (safer) git stash.