Re: src/Makefile unhelpful

From: chad
Subject: Re: src/Makefile unhelpful
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 13:20:29 -0400

If you're already breaking it into parts: how hard would it be to have the Makefile rerun with a message and V=1 automatically on failure (and obviously avoid make-looping)? My experience diving into the intricacies of make is quite dated (old enough to vote now), and was so pleasant that we invented our own replacement which I recall was pretty common at the time). My first thought was to use a flag-dotfile, and my second thought was that there must be a better way these days. :-)