Re: master 3fd2b00a4b 2/2: ; * Makefile.in: Add "make bootstrap configur

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 3fd2b00a4b 2/2: ; * Makefile.in: Add "make bootstrap configure=default" as a first choice.
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:25:45 +0800

> `make bootstrap` should focus on fixing the bootstrap issues that can be
> present in ELisp files.

Right, that makes sense.  Also, it seems that we should not print any
message if C file compilation fails -- it is generally not affected by
bootstrap failures.

> It's there so as to avoid the need for a complete
> recompile-from-scratch for those of us who don't have machines which
> can recompile the world under 2min.

Yeah, that takes 10 to 15 minutes here.  Sometimes, I resort to
eyeballing which elc files have to be deleted to get the build working
again instead of make bootstrap, if I do not have much time.