Re: master baf1a7a4a0: Turn gv-synthetic-place into a function

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: master baf1a7a4a0: Turn gv-synthetic-place into a function
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 18:30:02 +0200

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 at 13:53, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> So I'd rather keep "generalized variable", long and unwieldy as it is.
>> I think we should avoid "place" as much as possible, though.
>
> Including "place form"?
>
> Michael.

FWIW, I learned Lisp on the street and I don't think the meaning of
“generalized variable” or “place” is especially hard to guess.  It may
not be obvious for the uninitiated, but there are worse pitfalls.

Perhaps “everybody” learns what an l-value is in their compilers class,
but I find that term pretty opaque.