Re: Recent fix in handling vc-tor

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Recent fix in handling vc-tor
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 23:16:55 -0400

  > Are we sure Emacs isn't doing some other funny business?

I don't suppose we are -- but how can we check?

                                                              Only in Emacs
  > 29 did we stop `ffap' from randomly making DNS lookups, for example.

Fortunately I don't use ffap, but others do, so I am glad we fixed this.

Is there a way we can systematically log all attempts to connect to anything
on the net, to make sure we know what all of them do?

    IOW, shouldn't you rather be using something like

        torsocks emacs

    if you care about privacy?

That seems a little extreme and inflexible.