Re: Recent fix in handling vc-tor

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Recent fix in handling vc-tor
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:34:30 +0200

    Richard> Is there a way we can systematically log all attempts to connect
to anything
    Richard> on the net, to make sure we know what all of them do?

strace --follow-forks --trace=%net emacs

If you want to do it within Emacs youʼd need to write some code (and
it wouldnʼt cover subprocesses).

    >     IOW, shouldn't you rather be using something like

    >         torsocks emacs

    >     if you care about privacy?

    Richard> That seems a little extreme and inflexible.

If you want to be sure youʼre using torsocks for everything, thatʼs
what you need to do (although I havenʼt checked if torsockʼs
LD_PRELOAD tricks get passed on to Emacsʼ child processes, so maybe
even that is not enough).

Robert