[ELPA] new package: tramp-docker

From: Brian Cully
Subject: [ELPA] new package: tramp-docker
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:58:23 -0400

This package allows Tramp to use Docker (and Podman) containers as its remote environment.

Note that there is an extant 'docker-tramp' module in MELPA, so there may be some confusion. I wrote this one in order to get it into ELPA, and, as such, I've assigned copyright to the FSF.

The repository lives at: https://git.spork.org/tramp-docker.git

Docker is a big enough target that it may be worth integrating this directly in Emacs rather than going through ELPA. I'm not currently set up to do this, but if anyone wants to integrate it and submit it upstream, you have my blessing.

-bjc