Re: Progress on merging use-package?

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Progress on merging use-package?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:51:23 +0000

Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I don't think so, after all the issue is that someone has to be found to
>> do that last bit of janitorial work required to merge use-package.
>
> Pardon me if for not getting obvious, but by janitorial work, do you
> mean pushing to ELPA? Or the documentation change that John mentioned?
> Or something else? If it is anything like Eglot work (preparing repo,
> git munging, copyright checks), I am happy to lend a hand.

(If I am not clear, that is almost always my mistake.  It is a bad habit
of mine.)  The janitorial work meant adding use-package to the core,
ELPA could be done almost immediately (tough there is no rush), as I
have provided and tested the patch to do so.

> Anything related to actual code will unfortunately be with John or
> someone else with codebase understanding.
>
> I would like to volunteer for documentation work as well, but a primer
> on what needs to be done is missing from the other thread.

I agree that having a road-map would be a good first step.  The current
overview I have is

1. Complete the documentation
2. Prepare the documentation in texinfo
3. Add all relevant files to emacs.git
4. Ensure everything is prepared and loaded correctly