Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el

From: Matthias Meulien
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 20:07:44 +0200

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> I’ve added tree-sitter version for font-lock and which-func in
> python.el. And I’d love to hear some feedback from python.el
> maintainers.

I'd like to test your integration but... I am new to tree-sitter.

I've cloned the Git tree-sitter repository, make, make install, call to
ldconfig.  The generated shared object is known to the linker and I
successfully build the feature/tree-sitter branch of emacs (it starts
succesfully and I see symbols under the treesit- prefix).

I also cloned tree-sitter-python but I've no idea of what should be done
with the grammar file.  I've understood that I am suppposed to convert
the grammar to a shared object but I don't know how...

(I've tree-sitter-cli installed and in path, but "tree-sitter generate
tree-sitter-python/grammar.js" seems to generate rust and node bindings;
Am I supposed to compile the src/parser.c file?  I don't see any
Makefile...).
--
Matthias