Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 12:03:42 +0200

On Fri,  7 Oct 2022 at 01:25, Yuan Fu wrote:

> Yeah, with tree-sitter, fortifying types is trivial. In fact all types
> should be fortified already. (I tested with some simple examples.)
> Should we provide some variables to toggle fontification for different
> things? Like python-fontify-type/f-string/assignment/built-in/etc.

Looking at the screenshots posted a few messages back, which are VERY
busy, I would really appreciate an option to disable a few fontification
rules or, conversely, disable all but a few of them.  Ideally, this
should be done through a generic mechanism that works across major
modes.

Have you seen the new `font-lock-ignore' option?  Tree-sitter could
provide something similar (and much better/less hacky).