Re: master 59df0a7bd9: Add a VC command to prepare patches

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: master 59df0a7bd9: Add a VC command to prepare patches
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 12:52:29 +0200

    Philip> +;;;###autoload
    Philip> +(defun vc-prepare-patch (addressee subject revisions)
    Philip> +  "Compose an Email sending patches for REVISIONS to ADDRESSEE.
    Philip> +If `vc-prepare-patches-separately' is non-nil, SUBJECT will be used
                                                   ^^^

Beware the dangers of last-minute changes in default values :) I fixed
it.

One surprising thing that isnĘžt called out explicitly is that if you
do `vc-prepare-patch' for multiple revisions, it prepares the first
patch, waits for you to do something with it (like send it), and then
moves on to the next. I guess I was expecting it to prepare *all* of
them (that way I could just save them all, and look in my drafts
folder afterwards, and send them all at once). Maybe 'git
format-patch' has spoiled me.

Robert