Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 22:12:09 +0530

> My crystal ball tells me that you had done `make packages/use-package`
> in the past and then you `rm packages/use-package`.  Git doesn't
> automatically discover when you delete such a worktree, so if that's
> what happened
>
>     git worktree prune -v
>
> should fix the problem, after which you can re-try the above command.

You crystal ball was right! After pruning worktree the command worked,
but I am quite confused at the output. I've attached the logs for my
attempt to build, can you please check if I did something incorrectly?

In particular the build command fails because it complains makeinfo is
not available, but I clearly have it in path. Also make after build only
seems to build setup-ox-hugo.el. There are also couple of errors, there
are couple of errors too, and I'm not sure if fixing them is worth it.

My understanding is that we only need to add copyrights to the file
because entire repo is cloned to GNU machines. But even after adding
copyright headers, IMO adding doc/* to :ignored-files is the right thing
to do as it does not serve users directly.