Re: CC Mode -> Tree sitter challenge

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CC Mode -> Tree sitter challenge
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 16:55:59 +0200

> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, casouri@gmail.com, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
> Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 15:37:58 +0100
>
> I took the function 'note_mouse_highlight' from xdisp.c, pushed all
> lines to column 0 and ran:
>
> Keep in mind that the indentation result is not 100% identical, but I
> doubt that will change anything.

Why isn't it identical?  Is it because the indentation code is not yet
in its final shape?

> I'll benchmark everything again when we're satisfied with the
> behavior.  This is only 2 evenings worth of hacking.

OK, thanks.  Again, looks good, especially I like how much less GC
this produces.  But note that the, if you subtract the time taken by
GC, CC Mode is actually slightly faster: 6.5 sec vs 9.  I wonder why
is that.