Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 13:03:58 +0200

>> It is about Magit's ui to work with the package, view it,
>> e.g. it's current status without all it's current issues/bugs, commits
>                            ^
>                            without?
>> and so on.
>>
>> Not just about creating a commit.
>
> Can you give me a link or some good example to understand this better?

Hm I think borgs manual about updating drones is a good example[1].
Read the sections and maybe try it for your self. You can read quite
good what changed on each package you have in your setup, decide if you
pull then update, update with git pull, and then call `borg-build` to
update your package. All done asynchronous without making you wait for
it done be done.

If you have your own changes, you can see in the magit-status buffer the
differentiating commits etc.
In case there were missing features in the package or other issues you
can  press ' f f to view them.

I would recommend to setup a repository of any package you use with
magit and forge, you can see that way that working with a package and
updating it works.

[1] https://emacsmirror.net/manual/borg/Updating-drones.html

Br,

Björn